Thursday, January 31, 2008

Hezba-love.


Keffiyeh, shemagh, yashmag, ghutra, hatta, peace scarves, anti-war scarves, and even Kanye's scarf. Why the hell not. But when it comes down to the nitty gritty, the real questions are, Are the scarves anti war? Is it pro-terrorist? Or is it just a fashion accessory? Well, in the Middle East, it has useful and aesthetic functions. In the desert is protects the face from the sun and blowing sand. During a night living in the desert, it's used to keep the head warm.

I for one bought this to keep warm & add a little "omph," if you will, to my outfit. My first time wearing one of these babies was the most traumatizing events of my life in 2006. I went to a local hotspot called the Mission in San Francisco to hang out with the homies or whatever, and we went to go Hookah.

A middle eastern pastime time which involves tobacco, coal, and a tube. It was this awesome authentic arab-esque place owned and operated by real middle easterners! How surreal & dope right? Well, little did I know my friends and I were refused service, and I was scorned for wearing this scarf. Why? Apparently, I am pro-Palestinian and a supporter of terroism. Another trip in the city, another index finger of shame, waving back and forth. So, now I'm a Neo-Nazi & an Anti-Jew. Again, wore my stinking scarf to a big hippie hey day on the Haight, & now I'm part of the revolution.

I now wear them with confidence, because I now know that I am pro terrorist/anti Jew/a revolutionist, and the next person to ask me "How do you wear these things," will get the most fashion foward variation of wearing this square cloth. (See attached picture). PEACE!

Matt N
Assistant MacArthur 18
(Editor's note - If you can't detect the sarcasm that Matt is using when he refers to himself as Neo-Nazi and so on...well you missed the point. In fact I was banned from a girlfriend's house way back in the high school days for the same attitude toward the scarf. At least her mom let me debate the issue, her dad called me a bunch of names and tossed me out until I took it off. I showed up the next day wearing a kilt...he was cool with that. LU23.. oh... and Matt...good luck on your next encounter with the TSA....they love that kinda shit.)

Flip the Bird

Epic Shit

I Am The Photoshoots NOW BIGGER AND BETTER WITH X-TRA LUVIN'

Annapolis is Here.

Kevin via Video

Privlige is whack

Zokku

Just a counter